Interim Head of Legal & Governance
Salary: circa £57,000per annum pro rata
This position is open until filled – Reviewing applications from the 18th September
Interim Head of Legal & Governance – The Role
World Animal Protection is going through a period of reflection and is looking for someone with great experience of working with trustees and leaderships teams to manage the Governance team and offer constructive challenge aimed at assisting us maintaining and delivering improvements across our governance and risk management frameworks.
The Governance team provides support and representation on legal, compliance and information security matters, supporting the delivery of the World Animal Protection’s strategy, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory risk of the UK charity and providing support to World Animal Protection subsidiaries and branches. It also advises on good governance and effective management of risk.
The primary role of the Interim Head of Governance is to provide pragmatic and proactive legal, regulatory, compliance and commercial support and advice to colleagues and to advise and support governance matters.
You may be a lawyer or be a governance professional.
Head of Legal & Governance – Requirements
• Proven ability to support the Board of trustees
• Prove ability to develop the group legal structure and governance framework to ensure they both remain fit for purpose
• Previous experience of charity and fundraising law and risk management.
• Significant experience of advising senior stakeholders and sound knowledge of contract and commercial law.
• Full understanding of the regulatory framework in which World Animal Protection operates
• Specialist knowledge of law in data protection, property matters, information technology procurement, licencing and the ability to instruct external lawyers when necessary – desirable
• Proven competency to support the World Animal Protection Data Protection Officer – desirable
• Solution-focused with excellent problem solving and stakeholder management skills.
• An English & Wales fully qualified solicitor company secretary or paralegal with significant experience desirable
• Working across jurisdictions – Desirable
• Management experience – desirable
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the advertised location at the time of application or be in the process of securing the right to work in the advertised location.