Campaign Manager – Farming
Location: Remote working, United States
Salary: Circa $70,000 USD per annum
Closing date: Sunday 3rd October 2021
Campaign Manager – Farming – The Role
The Farming Campaigns Manager leads the implementation and tactical delivery of the global food systems campaign, working with other country offices and across departments to develop inspiring and innovative projects which realize the campaign strategy, manage all project activity, and are the central point of contact for organizational activity relating to the campaign objectives.
The Farming Campaigns Manager plays a key role in the global campaign team, collaborating across the organization to develop and communicate strategic initiatives. They are responsible for promoting a culture of campaigning in order to increase World Animal Protection’s impact, influence and profile, and supporting colleagues to do the same.
The Farming Campaigns Manager will be responsible for contributing to several objectives within the global food systems strategy that connect farmed animal production, animal welfare, public health, environment, climate, human rights, and other relevant connected issues, and identifying activities in the US context that are strategic, impactful, and cohesive.
This role will focus on engaging the public, food companies, and financial stakeholders on the need to diversify protein supply chains, reduce meat consumption and production, and support higher welfare farming systems to protect animals and the planet. They will serve a key role in coordinating effective messaging for the public within in the scope of their campaigns that mobilizes people to take action.
Campaign Manager – Farming – Responsibilities
• Work with the global heads of campaign interventions, the global campaign team, and all other internal stakeholders to develop innovative projects for carrying out elements capable of meeting World Animal Protection’s strategic mission and movement goals.
• Ensure the strategic project goals are delivered in a timely and effective manner in cooperation with the global campaign team, US team members, and all other relevant staff.
• Provide coordination and support to World Animal Protection offices running projects in support of the global campaign to ensure effectiveness, consistency, and that all delivery is in support of World Animal Protection’s organizational goals.
• Contribute to the development of effective tools, technical support, and research for the campaigns working closely with issue experts and technical advisors.
• Maintain relationships with a network of key external stakeholders relevant to the execution of the global campaign and specific project objectives.
• Communicate World Animal Protection’s positions and messages to external and internal audiences, including public fora, the media, political, economic and other actors to promote key talking points, further campaign and project objectives, and provide data supporting the campaign asks.
• Identify and develop opportunities to mobilize the general public around key campaign asks and targets and leverage people-power to push for transformative change in food systems.
• Take responsibility for managing the reporting process for specific campaign activities into the global project management database in accordance with organizational requirements.
• Carry out administrative duties e.g. budget management, contract development, event management, monitoring and evaluation and any other tasks as reasonably requested.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of current affairs relating to the campaigns, identifying campaign amplification opportunities and actions.
Campaign Manager – Farming - Requirements
• Experienced and highly motivated campaigner, with a proven track record of managing multiple projects that deliver desired outcomes.
• Experience in the design and delivery of impactful (preferably global) projects that have achieved change, with evidence of strategic goal achievement.
• Experience co-creating campaigns or campaign activities in coalition with other partners.
• Demonstrated knowledge of systems-thinking and systems-based approaches.
• Team player with excellent project management and coordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams.
• Strong communicator, and able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders, to develop and deliver project solutions.
• Analytical and decision-making skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally from time to time (30%)
*We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're passionate about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you. *
We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse & Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same.
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets