Marketing and Communications Assistant
Salary $51,000 - $57,000 per annum
Location: Flexible working policy,
2 days per week working at the New York Head Office, 3 days remote
Open until closed
Marketing and Communications Assistant – The Role
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will fulfil an important role within the communications department aiding in the wide range of campaigns that the team delivers on. The ideal candidate should have some knowledge of marketing and communications best practices and be able to support strategy on a variety of different platforms including but not limited to,social media, email marketing and digital marketing. This is a great role for anyone looking to support marketing in a global non-profit environment.
This position reports to the Marketing and Communications Director initially but will ultimately report to the Digital Marketing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work across departments to implement strategy set forth by the Marketing and Communications Director
• Draft original copy for emails, website, social content, event pages, and more
• Organize and keep digital marketing and social media projects on task
• Create and execute web and social media copy such as images and video content
• Provide direct administrative support to Digital, Communications and Social Media Marketing Managers and their objectives
• Aid in community management support on World Animal Protection’s social media platforms
• Assist in campaign and promotional planning to execute digital campaign goals
• Adhere to all branding and communications guidelines as set forth from the organization
• Work cooperatively with US staff, International staff, contractors, and outside vendors to further the mission of the organization
• Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Skills and Experience
• Ability to write copy with minimal editing
• Creative mindset and can-do positive attitude
• Organizational and project management skills
• Time management skills
• Must have basic knowledge of the marketing funnel, CRMs, SEO, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and paid media marketing
• Bilingual is a plus
• Knowledge of digital and social media marketing required. This can be work, schooling or personal experience as long as you are well-versed in these areas, we want to hear from you.
• Knowledge of basic Adobe Suite and design preferred
*We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're passionate about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you. *
We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse & Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same.
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets