Celebrity and Influencer Relations Lead (Manager)
United States, hybrid working pattern
Salary: $80,000 - $85,000 per annum
Closing date: Monday 23th May 2022
The Celebrity Relations Lead (Manager) is a senior role within the International Communications and Marketing team responsible for the creation and delivery of high-profile supporter engagement and relationship management strategies and plans.
Through collaboration with celebrity and high-profile supporters the role holder will play a pivotal role in helping to strengthen World Animal Protection’s voice and appeal; bringing attention to our brand and work; generating awareness of the issue facing animals and inspiring action to protect animals around the globe.
This role is a unique position within the global organisation - leading our efforts to bring on board new relevant high-profile supporters, building on the current relationships we have, and providing guidance and collaborating with global colleagues responsible for engaging local celebrities and high-profile personalities.
The role holder will have an intrinsic understanding and proven track record of operating in the high-profile, celebrity landscape, with in-depth knowledge of the myriad of ways a high-profile supporter can lend their help, through media, advocacy, social media, movement building and fundraising.
The role requires an enthusiastic, motivated, and hardworking personality, with a 'can-do' attitude, eye for detail, a natural problem-solver and innovative/strategic thinking. Excellent and intuitive relationship skills are essential. Experience handling and negotiating talent and/or influencer collaboration with charities is necessary.
Strong contacts with international celebrities and/or their representatives are needed to succeed in this role, along with a desire and drive to be part of a passionate team working to position our brand firmly on the global map to achieve impact for animals at scale.
• Excellent communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills, natural ability to nurture relationships, build trust and recognize boundaries
• Plan and think strategically: able to identify and integrate high-profile support opportunities into communications plans for World Animal Protection campaigns and for the overall brand
• Tenacious and adept at working in a fast-paced environment, highly skilled at project management, with ability to manage and prioritise multiple competing priorities
• Social media savvy with understanding of how to engage with celebrities and influencers online
• Ability to simplify and explain complex issues to external supporters and internal stakeholders, and present the organisaation and its diverse work in an appealing and concise manner
• Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems and make recommendations that take account of long-term benefits and risks
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills; excellent written and spoken English
• Proactive, creative thinker and a self-starter – can use own initiative and drive to make things happen
• Ability to engage with a range of external and internal stakeholders at all levels and internationally
• In-depth understanding of celebrity/influencer landscape and ability to identify and take advantage of trends
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse & Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same.
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets