Campaign Manager – Wildlife
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Salary: Competitive package
Closing date: Wednesday 5th April 2023
Interview date: Monday 17th April 2023
This is an exciting opportunity for a Campaign Manager to lead the implementation and tactical delivery of campaigns to achieve the strategic wildlife objectives in Thailand. You will manage all project activity and are the central point of contact for country level activity relating to wildlife campaigns.
Working closely with the Head of Programme, you will develop and deliver high-profile, impactful, and effective campaigns that advance the organisation’s campaigning objectives. This role is creative and focused on real world change and requires strategic campaign ability. This role is responsible for the delivery of local campaigning objectives, including stakeholder advocacy and public engagement activities that achieve global wildlife campaign strategies. This role works in an integrated team in Thailand to achieve this.
You also will work closely with global wildlife integrated campaign teams, based on global and local priorities. The role is responsible for promoting a culture of campaigning in order to increase World Animal Protection’s impact, influence and profile, and for supporting colleagues to do the same.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wildlife. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing?
• Local campaign implementation & project management including planning, delivery and reporting of wildlife campaign impact in Thailand
• Achievement of Thai wildlife campaign objectives
Who are we looking for?
• Experienced and highly motivated campaigner, with a proven track record of managing successful campaigns in Thailand.
• Experience in the design and delivery of impactful projects that have achieved change.
• Team player with excellent project management and co-ordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams.
• Strong communicator, and able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders, to develop and deliver project solutions.
• First class analytical and decision-making skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• A professional level of written and spoken English
• Experience of creating and managing budgets.
• Works well under pressure of deadlines.
• Flexible to undertake travel across Thailand, to take outside work hours calls, and some international travel.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• Help saving for your retirement - join our Provident fund scheme.
• 20 days’ holiday per year - Work Appropriately – empowering our employees to work in a way that is best for both their role and World Animal Protection.
• Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Medical Insurance
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets