Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: 7,500,000 Kenya Shilling per annum
Closing date: Sunday 28th August 2022
This is an exciting opportunity to help us to achieve our ambitious goals. The job holder will be responsible for the management and ongoing development of our organisational monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, supporting a culture of evidence-based decision making across the breadth of our mission delivery. The role will foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement within the organisation and will make an important contribution to driving innovation and best practice.
You will ensure the tools, processes and skills are in place to understand the impact we are delivering for animals globally, building a strong internal evidence base of what works well and what doesn’t work well in different contexts. In addition, the post-holder will be responsible for developing and embedding tools and processes to ensure learning is genuinely reflected in programme design and mission delivery both within our international team and across our country office network.
You will also have management responsibility for the organisational performance management cycle to bring insight and focus to our key results to facilitate mutual accountability, organisational learning and continuous improvement.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wildlife. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis, and the devastation of natural habitats.
Who are we looking for?
- Proven experience of M&E and impact measurement in the context of systems change
- Demonstrable understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning tools, principles and practices
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to communicate direction, gain commitment to action and develop mutual co-operation across teams and with external stakeholders.
- Substantial experience of working in an international NGO environment in a similar role
- Proven experience of successfully leading and managing a team (preferably global), and motivational skills to inspire others to deliver specified outcomes
- Team player with excellent project management and co-ordination skills and ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across internal departments and teams and provide feedback in a sensitive and constructive manner
- Strong communicator, able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders at all levels, to develop and deliver innovative solutions
- First class analytical, attention to detail and decision-making skills -able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform decision making
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including written and spoken English, with advanced skills in Microsoft office tools
- Experience in drafting clear written reports and guidance for internal and external audiences
- Experience of creating and managing budgets
- Flexible to undertake international travel
- High level of awareness of global and regional political and socio-economic trends
- A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal Protection
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 24 days’ holiday per year when you join - plus an additional 3 days to be taken at the end of the calendar year
- Flexibility - the ability to choose your start time based on your needs
- Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Under the Death in Service benefit scheme the employee will receive 3x annual salary to go to their nominated beneficiary
- We offer excellent Family Friendly Policies - enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Paternity Provision
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
- Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
- Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
- Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
- Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
- Growing People: We continually learn and develop
- Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
- Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets
Other organisations may call this role Head of MEL, MEAL Manager, Learning and Development Partner, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Adviser, Head of Monitoring and Evaluation or Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director.
So, if ready for this rewarding opportunity as a Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.