Global Director of Finance & Resources – Animal Welfare Charity
If you are a high calibre accountancy professional with experience of delivering improvement and innovation, this is an incredible opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity.
It is an exciting time to join our team, as we are in a phase of transition to position ourselves for the start of a new strategic period in 2021. You will have the chance to shape the role and structure of our Global Finance and Resources function, which will make a real difference to how we operate.
You will have the opportunity to take on a key leadership and strategic role, which will enable us to achieve our goal of improving animal welfare on a global scale.
As the Global Director of Finance & Resources, you will manage and lead the Global & Finance & Resources function, which includes our finance, IT, governance and procurement activities.
Working collaboratively as part of the Global Leadership Team, you will ensure that colleagues across the organisation are supported to deliver their responsibilities to a high standard, decisions are financially robust, compliance obligations are met and risk is effectively managed.
You will make sure that all audits, controls, budgets, KPIs, risk registers, forecasts, management accounts and reports are developed and delivered coherently, to a high standard and in a timely manner.
Additionally, you will:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation
- Lead on the preparation of financial planning, annual budgets and the investment strategy
- Manage our global treasury
- Provide strategic financial planning, modelling and analysis
- Lead, develop and support your team
To join us as a Global Director of Finance & Resources, you’ll need:
- Previous experience of successfully reviewing, designing and delivering change to/in a finance function
- Experience of delivering improvement and innovation, including strong systems of financial control, at an organisational level
- Experience of providing expert advice and guidance at board and executive level and of shaping strategic decision making
- Previous experience of providing leadership and management to a cross-functional team
- Experience of providing leadership, direction and managing in other areas of expertise where there may be information asymmetry, such as IT or procurement
- Knowledge of the financial and regulatory considerations of both a global organisation and a charity
- To be an ACA or ACMA qualified accountant
Experience of working for a not-for-profit organisation would be beneficial to your application.
We would like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Finance Director, Global Finance Director, Head of Finance, Financial Controller, Finance Controller, or Financial Director.
World Animal Protection is a global charity on a mission to create a better world for animals. We help the world to see how important animals are, influence decision makers to make animals a priority and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better.
There is a vital relationship between people and animals – a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution. Together, we can move the world to protect animals.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Contribute to the welfare and protection of animals globally
Webrecruit and World Animal Protection are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Closing date: midnight 7th June 2020
Interview dates: 16th, 17th and 18th June 2020
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Global Director of Finance & Resources, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.