London and Remote Work
Maternity cover contract up to 8 months’
(35 hours per week)
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 19th October 2021
Interview dates: Between Monday 25th to Friday 29th October 2021
HR Officer – The Role
At World Animal Protection our Human Resources team work hard to help employees develop and grow their careers from within the organisation. As HR Officer you will work as part of the Global HR team and deliver a proactive and flexible HR service by providing relevant and appropriate HR&L&D support to the organisation.
You will be the first point of contact for general HR queries and provide initial advice to managers and staff. You’ll manage payroll and maintain the HR database; processing changes and issuing contractual paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. You will also work with the HR and Learning & Development team on the delivery of projects
This is a busy and exciting position for an organised individual with HR knowledge looking to widen their experience in human resources
HR Officer – Requirements
• Previous experience in a generalist HR role where you have been involved in payroll input and HR administration
• Proactive approach with a level of confidence that offers assurance to stakeholders and management.
• Ability to prioritise with a flexible attitude and approach across multiple HR tasks
• An understanding of compliance with Human Resources guidelines, policies and procedures, as well as employment law, rules and regulations
• Used to working collaboratively work with HR Teams to develop innovative, timely and cost-effective best practice HR initiatives
• You will have initiative, able to think on your feet and deliver to tight deadlines
• Comfortable with technology- standard office software and apps such as SharePoint/Teams
• Experience working with Cascade HR database would be an advantage
We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse & Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same.
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets