External Affairs Manager
Type of contract: Permanent
Salary: Competitive package
World Animal Protection is looking for an External Affairs Manager to work flexibly through our Thailand Campaign Team and deliver our strategic global campaigns, lead and support the tactical delivery of stakeholder engagement and influencing at a local level in Thailand
This is an exciting role where the successful candidate will develop and deliver inspiring and innovated advocacy strategy and act as interface between the programme teams and external stakeholders, such as Thai government agencies, institutions, and the UN.
Please note that we can only accept applications from Thai nationals
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing?
• Providing strategic input in the formulation of campaign advocacy objectives and being accountable for their delivery.
• Carry out stakeholder mapping, advocacy and engagement at global level in coordination with our strategic approach.
• Campaign external affairs including; specific input into campaign strategy development & delivery and specific implementation outside of local capability
• Ensuring campaigns are informed by and capable of achieving global strategic objectives associated with stakeholder engagement, external affairs and movement building
Who are we looking for?
• Experienced and highly motivated policy, advocacy, and stakeholder engagement specialist, with a proven track record in developing and delivering stakeholder engagement approaches to achieve specific outcomes
• Knowledge and experience of influencing, lobbying and advocacy, working with decision makers and understanding the way in which they influence national policy agendas and in turn how national policy agendas can influence global processes
• Experience in the design and development of impactful stakeholder engagement approaches that have achieved change.
• Team player with excellent project management and co-ordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams and peer NGOs.
• Strong communicator, and able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders, to develop and deliver project solutions.
• First class analytical and decision-making skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in Thai and English.
• Experience of creating and managing small budgets.
• Flexible to undertake domestic and international travel.
• Understanding of global, regional and national political and socio-economic trends.
• A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal Protection
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme
• 20 days’ holiday per year when you join - plus an additional 3 days to be taken at the end of the calendar year
• Work Appropriately – empowering our employees to work in a way that is best for both their role and World Animal Protection
• Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Under the Death in Service benefit scheme the employee will receive 3x annual salary to go to their nominated beneficiary
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets