US Program Director
Location: United States
Salary: $110,000 - $120,000 annually
Closing date: August 3, 2021
US Program Director – The role
The US Director of Programs is the key organizational representative in the US for all external campaign activity and will manage all the US Campaign Managers to further our strategies to ensure farmed animals live good lives by transforming the global food system and stop wild animals being cruelly exploited as commodities by changing the systems that allow it.
The US Director of Programs is responsible for the delivery of World Animal Protection’s global campaign strategies in the US through inspiring, dynamic and creative campaigning to improve the welfare of animals while increasing World Animal Protection’s impact, influence and profile. This position reports to the US Executive Director with a dotted line reporting relationship to the International Program Directors.
US Program Director - Accountabilities
• US campaign strategy and management
• Achievement of the global strategic objectives?associated with campaign focuses
• US campaign performance management & reporting??
• The role holder will comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience in leading the design and development of high impact social change campaign strategies that have achieved change, preferably in a global context.
• Proven experience in the operational and tactical delivery of campaigns to a high standard, with evidence of strategic goal achievement.
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to communicate direction, gain commitment to action and develop mutual co-operation across teams and with external stakeholders.
• Experience in leading teams and motivational skills to inspire others to deliver outstanding campaigns.
• Team player with excellent project management and co-ordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams.
• Strong communicator, able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders at all levels, to develop and deliver campaign solutions.
• First class analytical and decision-making skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
• Experience in creating and managing budgets, making adjustments as needed and communicating on variances
• Ability to work well under pressure of competing deadlines.
• Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally
• A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the values of World Animal protection
• College Degree required, or relevant career experience
• Prior campaign management in animal welfare, environmental justice, social movements, or similar field with a proven track record of securing outcomes
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Prior media training a plus
*We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're passionate about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you. *
We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse & Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same.
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets