Global Head of Talent, Resourcing and OD
Type of contract: Fix term contract 12 month
Location: United Kingdom. We have a flexible working
arrangement but do require attendance at the London
office from time to time and to attend meetings as required
Salary: £65,000 - £69,000 per annum
Closing date: Sunday 10th July 2022
Interview dates: Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th July 2022
World Animal Protection is looking for a Head of Talent to lead the Recruitment function and be responsible for its strategic direction.
In this role you will Implement and develop a Talent, Resourcing and OD strategy, solutions and initiatives, working with our people team and senior leadership team (SLT) with leadership from the Global People Director; ensuring the organisation produces and sustains high quality Talent management and Resourcing to support the People & Culture strategic plans and organisation’s goals.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for developing strategies creating and implementing innovative and modern solutions, which attract, retain and develop people.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
• We end the needless suffering of animals
• We influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda
• We help the world see how important animals are to all of us
• We inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better
• We move the world to protect animals
What will you be doing?
• Promote an innovative and progressive approach to talent, so we can respond and adapt to changing global trends
• Work with the L & D Manager on the development of career pathways and succession planning practices, to enable us to fully realise the potential of our people and meet future and changing needs
• With the people team senior leadership, steward the cultural development of the organisation to ensure demonstrable evidence of our lived values and behaviours
• Foster and maintain relationships with other external professional bodies, advisers and consultants
Who are we looking for?
• CIPD or other relevant HRM qualification or equivalent experience
• You will have substantial experience in a specialist talent, resourcing/ OD role, operating with a high degree of autonomy
• You will have experience of managing and delivering projects to plan, cost and quality, resulting in successful outcomes
• You will have Experience in planning, designing and delivering multiple organisational development projects and initiatives across the business
• Experience of leading and motivating teams, proactively developing team dynamics and performance, to ensure quality standards are consistently achieved
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
• 24 days’ holiday per year when you join - plus an additional 3 days to be taken at the end of the calendar year
• Flexibility - the ability to choose your start time based on your needs
• Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Under the Death in Service benefit scheme the employee will receive 3x annual salary to go to their nominated beneficiary
• We offer excellent Family Friendly Policies - enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Paternity Provision
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets