Closing Date: 30th November 2021
Main Purpose of the role
The main purpose of the Head of Campaigns is to provide leadership and direction for the design, strategy and delivery of World Animal Protection’s campaigns in Thailand.
Head of Campaigns will report to Country Director-Thailand and supervises and manages campaign team and motivates, empowers and enable team members to deliver campaign objectives, goals and impact.
Head of Campaigns plays a key role in driving and influencing the animal welfare and protection attitude, policies and practice debates and decisions in Thailand by mobilizing public imagination, opinions, supports and action through the delivery of engaging and impactful strategic campaigns that generate real positive change for animals.
• Design and delivery of campaign goals, strategy, projects, operational plans and budget in Thailand
• Management, supervision, capacity, performance and growth-development of campaign team and members
• Monitoring, evaluation and reporting of campaigns and projects for engagement, fundraising, accountability and learning
• Compliance with Global campaign strategies, policies, standards and practices.
• Compliance with overall World Animal Protection global and Thailand organisational ethos, principles, policies, standards, practices and procedures.
• Networking, engaging and collaborating with partners, peers and policy-practice decision-makers/influencers for necessary knowledge, resources and change towards achieving World Animal Protection mission and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership / Programmes Strategy Development and Implementation
• Provide leadership and direction for the design delivery of World Animal Protection Thailand campaigns and campaigning in alignment with World Animal Protection’s global strategy.
• Develop and implement campaign strategies, tactics and operational plans that change the minds, behavior and policies of the public, governments and business, moving them to protect animals.
• Collaborate cross departmentally (primarily with Communications and Fundraising departments) to ensure campaigns build public support for World Animal Protection’s vision and mission as well as delivering on specific campaign objectives
• Stay abreast of current media, political and scientific developments of relevance to World Animal Protection’s agenda.
• Manage campaign staff/team and engage contractors as required in compliance with World Animal Protection’s policies.
• Manage the delivery of campaign outcomes within agreed timeframes and budgets.
• Work collaboratively with World Animal Protection Thailand staff, Regional and International teams to foster a culture of One World Animal Protection integration to ensure a coordinated approach to the campaign.
• Track dependencies between projects within the ‘responsibility’ programme.
• Implement effective mechanisms for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on projects.
• Provide timely reports and updates to the Country Director.
• Preparing project proposals and implementation plans with stakeholders and partners.
• Ensure that the programmes objectives are met and delivery in a timely manner and on budget effectively.
• Build and maintain effective relationships as required in the delivery of the projects.
• Manage consultants and contractors effectively.
• Provide timely project reports to the Country Director as needed.
Internal and external liaison/engagement and coordination / External Representation
• Work cooperatively with external organisations, teams within World Animal Protection and in the wider animal welfare movement to pursue project objectives and wider organisational goals, including those relating to brand, communications, fundraising and resource management.
• Participate and actively contribute in partnership forums, working groups and networks related to animal welfare work.
• Represent World Animal Protection at public activities, to build and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders such as the business community, scientific and government sectors, to the animal welfare community at large and to the media, to achieve campaign objectives and to strengthen the profile and credibility of World Animal Protection.
• Build relationships with a range of external stakeholders including business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues of relevance to World Animal Protection’s agenda.
• Effectively present information to a variety of audiences.
Reporting and budgeting
• Prepare budget to support the strategy, tactics and operational plan and manage the budget efficiently and effectively.
• Ensure regular and effective reporting as required by Country Director
• Working collaboratively with International Program Team to develop budgetary proposals for projects in Thailand as required.
• Monitor project expenditure against budget.
• Practice strong integrated working across functions and geography.
• Ensure the Campaign projects incorporate and generate the necessary content to support fundraising, communication and governance requirements.
• Develop and maintain project management approaches which facilitate open, effective and timely communication.
• Support the Country Director and the Global Head of Campaigns in ensuring the development and implementation of consistent approaches that contribute to the organisation’s global strategy.
We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse & Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same.
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets