International External Affairs Manager
Salary: Competitive package
Closing Date: Sunday 16th May 2021
External affairs manager – The role
The External Affairs Manager provides expertise across a range of World Animal Protection’s global campaigns. They will work flexibly through global virtual campaign teams to deliver World Animal Protection’s strategic global campaigns, leading and supporting the tactical delivery of stakeholder engagement. They will develop inspiring and innovative approaches which realise campaign strategies and manage associated project activity, acting as an interface between the programme teams and new and existing stakeholders within their sphere of influence.
The External Affairs Manager plays a key role in the global virtual campaign teams to which they are assigned. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to achieve individual and organisational objectives and targets through the use of effective negotiating and influencing techniques. They will be required to persuade, convince and influence others in internal or external environments in order to get support for World Animal Protection’s desired agenda.
External affairs manager – Requirements
• Experienced and highly motivated stakeholder engagement specialist, with a proven track record in developing and delivering stakeholder engagement approaches to achieve specific outcomes.
• Knowledge and experience working with international institutions and the way in which they influence national policy agendas.
• Experience in the design and development of impactful (preferably global) stakeholder engagement approaches that have achieved change.
• Experience in influencing, negotiation and policy development.
• Experience in the operational and tactical delivery of (preferably global) stakeholder engagement approaches to a high standard.
• Team player with excellent project management and co-ordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams and peer NGOs.
• Strong communicator, and able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders, to develop and deliver project solutions.
• First class analytical and decision-making skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including written and spoken English.
• Experience of creating and managing budgets.
• Understanding of global and regional political and socio-economic trends.
• A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal protection.