Location: Remote, United States, (EST or CDT)
Closing date: April 21, 2021
An exciting entry-level position on our fundraising team has opened in our US office. Join us to assist in the fundraising efforts that make our work for animals possible!
Why do you want this position?
This is a fantastic opportunity with lots of potential for development and growth in the fundraising sector. Global Animal Welfare is our aim, we aren’t a vegan or vegetarian organisation but instead our work aims to create system change for animals around the world.
Reporting into the Senior Philanthropy Manager, the Philanthropy Associate will be responsible for assisting in the efforts to raise major gift revenue ($5,000+) for World Animal Protection.
• Providing clerical and administrative support to the Senior Philanthropy Manager
• Staffing our virtual front desk to provide customer service and help answer phone and email messages from supporters
• Scheduling and coordinating meetings with our donors
• Preparing and processing expense reports
• Aid in setting travel accommodations, itineraries and other pre-travel preparations for our Senior Philanthropy Manager
• Designing and drafting correspondence, presentations, reports and funding proposals
• Calling and emailing donors
• Maintaining calendars and schedules for fundraising activities
• Oversee our corporate cause marketing partnerships
• Work closely with programs (our team who design and deliver our campaigns) and communications (our marketing team) to secure appropriate information for donors
• Occasional domestic travel required for regional donor events
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Strong people skills with demonstrated empathy and emotional intelligence
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Adaptability in a fast-paced environment and willingness to learn new things
• A love and appreciation of animals
• Organizational skills a must
*We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're passionate about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you. *
We’d love to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we see the value that diversity brings to our cause.
How to apply
Following your application one of our recruitment team will email you via Indeed to ask you to complete your application on our careers page. We do not require a Resume. Different right? Instead you will be asked some written questions that we will review and score before deciding who will be invited to interviews. If you require any support or adjustments, please get in touch with us using the contact details on our careers page. So, if this sounds like something you are interested in then APPLY NOW. We would love to hear from you. Please make sure you apply before April 21, 2021 as won’t consider late applications.
We do not require a Resume. Different right? Instead you will be asked some written questions that we will review and score before deciding who will be invited to interviews. If you require any support or adjustments, please get in touch with us using the contact details on our careers page. So, if this sounds like something you are interested in then APPLY NOW. We would love to hear from you. Please make sure you apply before April 21, 2021 as won’t consider late applications.