UK Supporter Care Coordinator
Type of contract: Up to 12 months FTC
Salary: up to £27,000
Closing date: 9th August 2022
World Animal Protection is looking for a Supporter Care Coordinator where you will deliver informative and positive supporter care across phone, email and social media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram). You will ensure that our existing and potential supporters enquiries are managed and responded to in an effective and timely manner.
This is an exciting role for someone who has customer care experience and wants to learn about how charities work, whilst building up good knowledge and experience in a dynamic team
This is a hybrid role and is linked to our office in London. We are therefore open to candidates commutable to London. During the training period you are required to be in the office two days a week for around two months. After this you will be required to attend the office twice a month and at short notice as and when required.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing?
• To be the first point of contact for new and existing supporters, handling enquiries and complaints received by telephone, email, post and social media
• Be personable with all supporters taking ownership of their queries and where possible going above and beyond the supporters expectations
• Capture data/information accurately by following internal procedures which are in line with GDPR
• Process credit/debit card donations and setup/amend direct debits
• Be a Gift Aid expert capturing and amending declarations, answering any related questions and completing internal audits
Who are we looking for?
• Confidently have conversations over the phone with a wide range of people
• Write personalised/bespoke responses to a high standard
• Use your own initiative to identify and solve problems that arise, in line with relevant processes, policies and procedures.
• Having a natural passion for animal welfare is important along with a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal Protection.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
• 24 days’ holiday per year when you join - plus an additional 3 days to be taken at the end of the calendar year
• Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Under the Death in Service benefit scheme the employee will receive 3x annual salary to go to their nominated beneficiary
• We offer excellent Family Friendly Policies - enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Paternity Provision
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets