Job Title: Global Content Coordinator
Type of contract: 12 Months Maternity Cover
Location: UK Based
Salary: Up to £30,000
Closing date: 4th July 2022
World Animal Protection are looking to hire a Global Content Coordinator on a 12-month maternity cover contract.
As a Global Content Coordinator, you will produce engaging written content based on our global campaigns to be used by multiple teams across the charity.
This is an exciting role for someone who has a passion for writing, an interest in animal welfare and working with multiple global teams.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will also play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing?
• Working with the Global Content Manager to create compelling written content
• Managing the day to day running of the Global Content Bank, including uploading documents to content packs and the catalogue, proactively updating content, and constantly striving to find ways to improve the resource
• Respond to all Global Content queries within a short timeframe, providing expertise and support
• Produce Global Content updates to inform teams across the organisation
• Carry out in-depth research and analysis of raw materials then develop into clear, engaging and on-brand content
Who are we looking for?
• You will have excellent writing and storytelling skills with proven experience of writing, editing, and proofreading
• Strong organisational and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail
• Strong research and analytical skills
• An interest in animal welfare
• Relevant experience in one of the following areas: marketing, journalism, fundraising or digital
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
• 24 days’ holiday per year when you join - plus an additional 3 days to be taken at the end of the calendar year
• Flexibility - the ability to choose your start time based on your needs
• Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Under the Death in Service benefit scheme the employee will receive 3x annual salary to go to their nominated beneficiary
• We offer excellent Family Friendly Policies - enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Paternity Provision
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets