International Head of Programmes - Farming
Location: New Zealand
Permanent Salary: NZ$100,000 – NZ$115,000 per annum
Closing date: Sunday 18th April 2021
Head of Programmes – Animals in Farming – The Role
The Head of Programmes ensures quality, progress and learning in achieving campaign objectives, and in the management and development of relationships and partnerships that help achieve them.
This role provides professional oversight to improve performance, impact and manage relationships that achieve measurable results and impact for animals.
The ideal candidate will oversee the setting and monitoring of targets and objectives, and ensures analysis, evaluation and data to help inform strategic campaign decisions. In addition, they will oversee and manage relationships with partners that deliver strategic, tangible and impactful solutions for farmed animals, and ensure that our objectives and values are aligned to achieve lasting, systemic and scalable impact for animals.
In coordination with campaigns and External Engagement teams, the Head of Programmes ensures that we are developing strategic partnerships and alliances to achieve our long-term campaign objectives, and that we are building a strong, coherent, global movement across all our campaigns and projects.
This role will lead a diverse international team and will guide and coordinate work across the globe.
Head of Programmes – Farming – Requirements
• Strong management skills, track record in managing, developing and motivating people and teams.
• Team leadership and collaboration skills, working with and nurturing diverse groups in a multi cultural environment.
• Successful track record of designing and delivering strategies to influence target audiences and stakeholders as part of a social change or campaign agenda.
• Strong analytical and monitoring and evaluation skills and experience.
• Strong communicator, and able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders, to develop and deliver project solutions.
• Experienced relationship manager, with a strong track record of negotiation, influencing and providing quality support or services.
• Experienced negotiator, with professional evidence of building successful partnerships and alliances.
• Outstanding networker, able to engage with and influence a range of different stakeholders, including donors, private sector, public officials, NGOs and the public.
• Experience of how to build alliances and relationships to achieve lasting change.
• First-class project management and organisational skills.
• First class analytical and decision-making skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including written and spoken English.
• Experience of creating and managing budgets.
• Works well under pressure of deadlines.
• Able to adjust work online to accommodate different time zones.
• Flexible to undertake international travel.