Type of contract: Perm
Salary: £31,000 to £37,000 doe
World Animal Protection is looking for a Media Manager to join our International Media Team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for developing media strategies, press releases and press packs for the global media team, engaging with International journalists, developing news stories, supporting spokespeople and a have a keen eye for reactive comment opportunities.
This is an exciting role for someone who is motivated by our cause, and wants to be a part of making meaningful change for people, animals, and the planet.
This is a hybrid role and linked to our office in London. We are therefore open to candidates commutable to London.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing?
• Develop and implement media strategies in support of organisational aims, principally campaigns
• Develop and distribute content to key international media outlets (traditional and online) and proactively seek media opportunities that support the organisation and campaign objectives
• Develop media-based public awareness campaigns to raise public understanding of animal welfare
• Evaluate and report on the reach and impact of media activities through regular media monitoring and contribute to campaign evaluations
• Support campaign and organisation spokespeople through the development of media messaging, briefing notes and preparation for interviews
Who are we looking for?
• You will have press office experience
• Experience in writing media releases, articles and externally focused communications for a range of audiences
• Able to generate high quality media coverage
• A strong news sense
• You will be great networker
• Possess a strong writing style
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
• 24 days’ holiday per year when you join - plus an additional 3 days to be taken at the end of the calendar year
• Flexibility - the ability to choose your start time based on your needs
• Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Under the Death in Service benefit scheme the employee will receive 3x annual salary to go to their nominated beneficiary
• We offer excellent Family Friendly Policies - enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Paternity Provision
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets