UK Interim Head of Data Operations
Type of contract: 6 months fixed term
Salary: up to £56,000
Closing date: 26th June 2022
Interview dates: Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th July 2022
World Animal Protection is looking for a Head of Data Operations to join us on a 6 month fixed term contract, to lead and manage the teams responsible for the maintenance and development of the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) and ancillary systems (Salesforce) in addition to leading and managing the CRM project for the replacement of Raiser’s Edge.
This is an exciting role for someone who wants to bring operational insight into the UK Office’s planning and implementation of all its core fundraising and campaigning activities
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing?
• Take the lead role in researching current and possible future technologies required to support and enhance the UK office current core business requirements as well as inputting into strategic decision making for future work.
• Lead and manage the implementation of the CRM project, including resourcing of the Project Team, scoping the development of the project phases, liaising and collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Provide lead project management input where required on a range of relevant development activities which support the work of the whole office eg new database(s), tender for fulfilment supplier.
• Working with International Governance, develop and implement procedures to effectively manage the UK Office’s compliance with GDPR.
Who are we looking for?
• Significant management and leadership experience within an international charity or corporate context with particular experience of leading, motivating and developing staff to reach their full potential and to deliver successful outcomes and achievements.
• Considerable proven experience of managing a fundraising database system in a fundraising environment with extensive and up to date knowledge of Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge
• Advanced skills in using a range of Windows based software packages, particularly reporting tools such as, Power BI, and a proven ability to interrogate a range of systems to develop a variety of reports.
• Proven experience of working or leading on CRM projects to migrate to a new database
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
• 24 days’ holiday per year when you join - plus an additional 3 days to be taken at the end of the calendar year
• Flexibility - the ability to choose your start time based on your needs
• Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Under the Death in Service benefit scheme the employee will receive 3x annual salary to go to their nominated beneficiary
• We offer excellent Family Friendly Policies - enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Paternity Provision
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets