Type of contract: Part-Time 12-month FTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Salary: up to AUS $70,000 to $75,000
World Animal Protection is looking for a Copywriter with a passion for animals to work our office in Sydney, to Contribute to the consistent delivery of marketing, campaigns, and fundraising communications to improve supporter experience across retention and development.
This is an exciting role for a Copywriter who has strong, supporter-centric communications as well as an interest in email, social media, print copy, and editing, to inspire people to move the world to protect animals by supporting World Animal Protection.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing as a Copywriter?
• Write, edit, and create copy for different platforms (email, social media, print ads, and Direct Mail packs) that inspire people to join the organisation and engage with our work.
• Provide copy and content in a timely manner for digital and offline channels that support the organisational requirements of the marketing, campaign, and fundraising programmes.
• Write and create engaging content that exemplifies the brand personality and helps build brand awareness.
• Promote a consistent approach to content creation across all teams and areas of work that engages supporters and new audiences.
Who are we looking for?
• Minimum two to three years’ experience in copywriting or similar role
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and results orientated
• Experience writing for social media and email, with a basic understanding of A/B testing
• Experience in direct-response copywriting, with an interest in analysing results (eg. CTR, CPC, amount raised, etc) and adjusting copy where needed
• Proven ability to create powerful content across digital and print with a demonstrated understanding of how to write SEO-friendly content
• Proactive self-starter
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks and competing deadlines
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• A 35-hour base full time working week (so this role would be the equivalent of 2 or 3 days a week)
• Extra paid leave days at the end of each year (Summer shutdown leave)
• Birthday leave
• Paid study leave and study fee assistance where eligible
• 17.5% annual leave loading
• Flexible Working policy and a formal time in lieu program
• The opportunity to voluntarily get involved in our campaigns and actions to help move the world to protect animals
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets