We move the world to protect animals. World Animal Protection is a truly global organisation, working in over 50 countries across the world, with offices in every continent. Our vision is a world where animal welfare matters, and animal cruelty has ended. We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
Job Title: Philanthropy Associate (Major Gift Associate)
Reports to: Senior Philanthropy Manager Location: Remote (East Coast preferred, working hours 9am-5pm Eastern time required)
Salary: $37,000 - $50,000 commensurate with experience
Do you have a background of proven success in any one of the following industries?
…If so, we want to hear from you!
• customer service
• sales support
• sales appointment setting
The Philanthropy Associate will be responsible for assisting in fundraising efforts, primarily by providing administrative and support to the Senior Philanthropy Manager. Duties will also include opportunities for interactions with donors and performing outreach by phone and email. In this position, you will help donors realize their passion and interests in animals through charitable giving to World Animal Protection.
• Support the donor cultivation and stewardship strategies of the Senior Philanthropy Manager, including but not limited to: drafting monthly and quarterly reports and updates, sharing programmatic news with donors, executing targeted mailings, etc.
• Limited travel required for donor events, estimated at 2-3 domestic trips per year each lasting approximately 2-3 days
• Schedule, coordinate, and book meetings with donors on behalf of the Senior Philanthropy Manager
• Aid in pre-travel preparation and setting travel accommodations
• Draft funding proposals, grant submissions, LOIs, presentations and other materials under the guidance of the Senior Philanthropy Manager
• Research prospects and foundations
• Call and email donors and prospects when assigned
• Oversee coordination of community fundraising events and communications with cause marketing partners
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong people skills with demonstrated empathy and emotional intelligence
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Adaptability in a fast-paced environment and willingness to learn new things
• Must have a passion for animals and be able to talk about animal welfare with donors
• Strong problem-solving and time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're passionate about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
We’d love to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we see the value that diversity brings to our cause.