Head of Digital
We are currently on the search for a Global Head of Digital to join our international communications and marketing team. It is an exciting time to join us at World Animal Protection. In this important and crucial digital marketing position the Head of Digital will create a global digital strategy for the organisation as we embark on an ambitious ten-year strategy to overturn the systems that fuel the very worst animal abuse.
As a leader in the organisation you will lead a team consisting of a Digital Programme Manager, Web Developer/dev agency and Digital Project Officer. You will also work closely with our global digital team and digital content team. As previously mentioned, you will scope out and implement a global digital strategy that will put us in the strongest position to deliver our ambitious new goals. This will encompass building our brand, our income, our engagement and reputation and ensuring we have a robust digital infrastructure in place to underpin this.
Day to day we will look to you to lead the delivery of digital projects, lead reporting, monitor trends in digital development and support and develop your team to drive a performance-based culture. You will also ensure that digital infrastructure and maintenance projects are recognised as organisational priorities.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation with strategic goals that will have a positive impact for all life on earth.
For this position you will need to have:
• Proven successful experience of leading the development and implementation of a global digital strategy.
• Track record in leading large, complex digital projects to deliver within budget and on deadline.
• A successful record in growing online communities in size and engagement across a range of digital channels and media.
• Experience of working with stakeholders to translate a broad range of aims and objectives into effective, measurable digital plans.
• In depth knowledge of software development programs, web and content management systems with a strong understanding of the future advancements in digital technology.
• Experience successfully leading and managing a multi-disciplinary digital team, preferably in a matrix environment. This should include providing guidance, management and challenge, with experience of driving high performance and developing staff
• Experience in data analysis and testing of digital strategies including online campaign and/or fundraising experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of legal and accessibility standards across digital platforms and channels.
• Experience applying digital innovation in practice to improve ROI.
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills with an ability to build strong relationships outside own function and effectively manage change.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience in an accessible and engaging way.
The closing date for applications to this position is 9pm 20th April (Brasilia time).
*We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're passionate about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you. *
This position will be working remotely. Although part of the International Team who are headquartered in the UK you will also have the support of our Brazil team. Our Brazil office has moved to 100% remote working. We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.