Salary dependent on experience
Consultancy contract, 1 year with possibility of extension
Closing Date : 25 November 2021
Start Date : December 2021 - January 1st 2022 Fundraising Content Creator – The Role
World Animal Protection is an international non-profit organisation that works to end the exploitation of wild animals in the tourism industry. In Thailand, we work with elephant venues to help them adopt “elephant friendly” guidelines and practices that increase the welfare of their elephants. In addition to working directly with venues we also advocate for changes in the law that would give greater legal protection to elephants in captivity.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced visual and written storyteller capable of bringing our work to life by connecting supporters with the elephants and broader campaigning work that we run in Asia. Fundraising Content Creator – Duties
To curate and deliver engaging content that tells stories of elephants, their mahouts (elephant carers) and the venues we support. The content will be used primarily for fundraising, digital communications to supporters, on our website and social media and will demonstrate the impact of our work.
Content will include:
• Copywriting stories of elephants, mahouts and venue owners – English and Thai
• Video Production and Story boards
• Photography and infographics
• Interviews and testimonials
World Animal Protection work with 11 elephant venues in Thailand
1. ChangChill (CC), Chiang Mai
2. Following Giants (FG), Krabi
3. Burm and Emily’s Elephant Sanctuary (BEES), Chiang Mai
4. Kindred Spirit Elephant Sanctuary (KSES), Chiang Mai
5. Boon Lott Elephant Sanctuary (BLES), Sukhothai
6. Mahouts Elephant Foundation (MEF), Chiang Mai
7. Somboon Legacy Foundation (SLF), Kanjanaburi
8. Tree Tops Reserve (TTR), Phuket
9. Elephant Peace Project (EPP), Chiang Rai
10. Sappraiwan Elephant Sanctuary (SES), Phitsanulok
11. Twin Camp Chang (TCC), Mae Hong Son
The role will involve venue visits to each site, two times per year with trips lasting between 2 and 3 days.
Deliverables for each site visit:
• Copy (English and Thai) telling story of specified elephants (probably 2 elephants per venue) and their mahouts and the venue owners. Three stories per subject - short form copy around 500 words
• Photography – engaging photographs of elephants, mahouts and venue
• Video – edited to 30 seconds and 60 second film (with English subtitles)
World Animal Protection Thailand is headquartered in Bangkok. However, because of the travel requirements of this role, it is acceptable for the role to be home based. It is estimated that travel to venues take between 90 -100 days in the year with remaining time being spent on copywriting and post-production of film and photography. For remote working, periodic visits to the head office will also be required.
Terms of engagement
• Travel and accommodation costs will be paid for by World Animal Protection
• Reports to Head of Communications Fundraising Content Creator – Requirements
• A passion for ending cruelty and suffering of wildlife
• Sense for donor motivations and fundraising
• Thai and English (proficiency high – verbal and written)
• Proven communication skills – Interviewing, story-telling and copywriting for digital channels
• Photography – ability to produce engaging and highly professional photographs
• Videography – the ability to create and edit video.
How to Apply If you want to be part of our dynamic organisation and help us move the world to protect animals then please send us a copy of your CV, salary expectation and
cover/motivation letters addressing your skills and experience relative to the role to email@example.com
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we will not be acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. The successful candidate must have permission to work in the position location.
Who are we? We are World Animal Protection. For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals. We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution. We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes. Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us. We are determined to influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.
Why Work for us? We move the world to protect animals globally but there are many other reasons to join our organisation. We are a truly global organisation with offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, India, Kenya, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Thailand, UK and USA. We employ over 380 people globally covering campaigns, media, fundraising, operations, finance, administration and human resources. As well as competitive employee benefits we want our employees to grow with us and build their careers within World Animal Protection and therefore encourage internal applications. We have a strong track record of offering existing staff promotions as well as secondments and position changes within the organisation.