GLOBAL HEAD OF INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
Type of contract: Permanent
Salary: up to £56,000
Closing date: 26th June 2022
Interview dates: Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th July 2022
World Animal Protection is looking for a Global Head of Internal Communications to deliver its comprehensive strategic internal communications and engagement programme across the global organisation.
You will be joining us at an exciting time, as we aim to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering forever. In this role, you will help connect our employees to our ambitious goals by inspiring and engaging them to protect animals across the globe.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing?
• Developing and delivering the global internal communications strategy
• Planning, devising and delivering effective internal communications strategies and campaigns which incorporate best practice communications for multi-cultural environments
• Providing strategic internal communications advice and coach colleagues to be effective communicators
• Planning, editing and writing creative content that reflects World Animal Protection’s tone of voice. This includes news, blogs, interviews, presentations, scripts, briefings, toolkits and internal announcements, for various communications channels
Who are we looking for?
• Previous experience as a Head of Internal Communications, preferably within a large or international/global organisation, operating in cross cultural environments.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, including influencing and negotiation. Comfortable and confidently able to advise employees and senior stakeholders
• Significant experience of managing and developing internal communication channels, especially intranets, social networks, and virtual events
• Proven experience of managing, coaching and developing people
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
• Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
• 24 days’ holiday per year when you join - plus an additional 3 days to be taken at the end of the calendar year
• Flexibility - the ability to choose your start time based on your needs
• Life Assurance - all World Animal Protection employees receive Life Assurance. Under the Death in Service benefit scheme the employee will receive 3x annual salary to go to their nominated beneficiary
• We offer excellent Family Friendly Policies - enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Paternity Provision
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets