Global Animal Welfare Advisor
Location: United Kingdom
Salary: £40,000 - £43,000
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th October 2021
Global Animal Welfare Advisor – The Role
This role provides strategic animal welfare expertise to the Farming programme area. They will have the technical expertise required to deliver and achieve lasting impact for animals through management of transformative animal welfare change projects.
The position will work with the Head of Research and Animal Welfare, and with the Heads of Campaign, to plan, develop and implement campaign strategies and plans to achieve transformational campaigns that deliver a lasting systemic impact for animals.
The role provides technical animal welfare advice and leadership to global and local teams. They are expected to understand the latest developments in the relevant areas of animal welfare, both from a technical and policy perspective, to enable World Animal Protection campaigns to innovate and continually provide cutting edge interventions for influencing key decision makers, and ensure quality management of all research.
They will operate as a senior relationship manager with external contacts and partners. They will also be required to represent the organisation at international events and platforms, and at internal strategy and planning meetings.
Global Animal Welfare Advisor - Requirements
• Specific expertise in the Farm animal area.
• Experienced and highly motivated animal welfare expert, with a proven track record in developing and delivering evidence-led approaches to achieve strategic outcomes.
• Able to assimilate and analyse technical information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
• Experience of advising and overseeing relationships with animal welfare organisations, such as sanctuaries or rehabilitation projects, farms and other animal venues.
• Experience of senior level networking and developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and in representing an organisation to external stakeholders.
• Team player with excellent project management and co-ordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams.
• Excellent communication and advocacy skills and experience of influencing key political and business stakeholders and shaping policy debates, including through the media and at external events
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including strong English language writing skills, with an ability to be well understood by different audiences, including academic, expert, media and the public.
• International travel subjected to travel restrictions due to COVID-19 pandemic
• A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal protection.
We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse & Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same.
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets